Posts Tagged ‘HR’
Will you be attending the 2012 SHRM Missouri State HR Conference?
If you are, please be sure to stop by and say hello – we’ll be in booth #40 and would love to see you.
This will be our 8th year at the event – there’s always so much to learn, great sessions, and a wonderful change to network and reconnect.
2012 SHRM Missouri State HR Conference
August 8 – 10, 2012
The Lodge of the Four Seasons
Four Seasons, MO
We hope to see you there!
When we work with HR Directors, a common challenge is that so much of their time is spent on moving paper, checking and rechecking form processing and other redundant administrative tasks – time better spent on the strategic concerns of the organization.
“Can you help me automate so that I’m not buried in paperwork?”
The answer is “Yes!” Not only can we help automate starting with award-winning Sage Abra HRMS, we can show you how the system can be used to save time, save money, and reduce manual handling of paperwork.
HR Actions is one of the most popular solutions we’ve been showing organizations. The ROI is readily apparent and it truly is a great help to gaining greater efficiency in the collection and approval of employee data.
HR Actions is web-based and helps you streamline the collection and approval of employee data – from request to hire to termination, status changes, performance appraisals, and a whole lot more.
HR Actions for Sage Abra HRMS solution highlights:
Accelerate HR and Payroll transactional processing throughout the employment lifecycle
- Eliminate paper forms
- Updated forms are immediately available to the organization
- Electronic routing and approval of forms speed the service delivery process
Keep employee information available and up-to-date across the enterprise
- Provide managers online access to direct and skip-level reports’ personnel files, including completed forms and attachments.
Reduce HR’s dependency on IT support
- HR can define and build dynamic web-based forms and routing rules without any programming skills
Enforce company policy while minimizing errors
- Forms are easy to complete, with fields that only display appropriate choices
- Specify what fields must be complete for a form to move on to the approval process
- Forms are routed for approval based on business rules you define in a point-and-click environment
Eliminate data entry from paper forms into Sage Abra HRMS
- Once approved, one-click updates to Sage Abra eliminate data entry from paper forms
You monitor and control forms throughout the entire routing process
- A real-time dashboard lets you see the status of every form being routed throughout the organization
- Control the flow of a form – stop it, skip an approver, or push it through the approval process
If you’d like to operate more efficiently and make better use of your time – HR Actions is worth taking a look at. Please let us know if you’d like to learn more – give us a call at 800-269-6466 or drop us a note email@example.com – we’d love to chat with you! Also don’t forget to connect with us on Twitter @HuckstepAssoc.
With headquarters in Springfield, MO, Huckstep & Associates serves clients in Arkansas, Colorado, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Texas and Wisconsin providing sales and support for Sage Software Products, Time Keeping Solutions, Third Party Add-Ons To Sage Products, Hosted Solutions, and IT Solutions.
New Employee Find Capabilities Offer Quick Access To The Information You Need
If you frequently search for employee records, whether for an individual or a group of employees with a certain common characteristic, the most recent releases of Sage Abra HRMS speeds this task. In both Sage Abra Suite Version 9 and Sage Abra Suite Version 10, enhancements were made to the Employee Find function. In this article we cover the new functionality in depth, and provide some examples of how you can use it to save time and effort.
The Employee Find capability now is available on the Navigation Pane after you access a Group, such as Employees or Training. You use it to find and select an employee before you complete tasks or processes in the application. For example, if you select Employees/View/Edit Employee, you need to search for an employee before you go to the Employee Detail page to view or edit.
Multiple Filtering Options
The power of the new Employee Find comes from several new capabilities, including the following:
- When you begin typing a value, the system will automatically start to display all the records in the system that match. For example, you could search by a first name, such as John, and the system will display all the matching employees and allow you to quickly select the one you are looking for.
- You also can search the system based on Employee status. For examples, you may want to see at a glance how many employees are on leave of absence, or how many dependents are in the system for whom you are paying health insurance premiums. The statuses you can select from are Active, Terminated, LOA (Leave of Absence), and Other.
- You can use several different fields in combination to narrow your search. You can use any combination of the Last Name, First Name, ID, and SSN fields to find the employee you are looking for. For example, if you are doing a search by the Last Name and First Name, the First Name search field will act as a filter, while the Last Name field will act as a go-to-feature and will navigate you to the employee on the results list that matches both criteria.
Quick Matching of Data
If you start typing a value in a search field and there is a match, the record is highlighted in the search results. An arrow indicator appears next to the record. After you have found the record that you are searching for, you can click OK, or double-click the record to view the detail page for that employee.
If you start typing a value in a search field and there is no match, a Not Found message appears to the right of the search field.
Search Results Retained
With Sage Abra Suite Version 9 and Sage Abra SQL HRMS Version 10, the results of your searches are retained for future use. For example, if you search for employees on a detail page, then go to a report page to print a report, when you return to a detail page (the same or a different one), the system remembers your previous search results. The results appear so you can select the same employee (highlighted) or a different employee from the list.
Advanced Employee Find
The Advanced Employee Find is accessed by clicking the More Options button on the Employee Find page. The following additional search criteria will appear for selection when it is expanded:
- Organization Levels
- Employee Type
- Job Title
- Last Hire Date
As with the regular Employee Find, the search results automatically are filtered based on the criteria entered into these fields. With Advanced Employee Find, it is easy to find all the employees who report to a particular manager, or all the director-level employees, or any employee who lives/works out of state.
Please give us a call for assistance in making optimum use of the new Employee Find capabilities now available in Sage Abra Suite 9 and Sage Abra SQL HRMS Version 10.
Copyright Tango Marketing LLC
Specializing in accounting services, nonprofit fund accounting software, human resource management systems (HRMS) and reporting, Huckstep & Associates is proud to have customers throughout the central United States including Arkansas, Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Texas and Wisconsin.